City Academy School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in City Academy School District, serving 178 students.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Utah public school average of 26% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 0:1 is less than the Utah public school average of 34:1.
|School District Name||City Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://www.cityacademyslc.org|
|School District Phone Number||(801) 596-8489|
|School District Grades Offered||07 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,065 Schools|
|# of Students||178 Students||669,019 Students|
|# of Teachers||n/a||67 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||34:1|
- City Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 152 school districts in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-79% has increased from 50-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||7,237 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||11,364 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||58 Students||114,485 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||12 Students||9,529 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||101 Students||497,278 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||10,514 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 Students||17,783 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||15,934|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||47,744|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||49,918|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||50,528|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||51,736|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||53,051|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||53,438|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||51,980|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||28||50,897|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||34||50,655|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||36||50,174|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||31||48,947|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||29||47,475|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||20||46,542|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,950 is higher than the state average of $5,395. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,605 is higher than the state average of $5,720. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,950||$5,395|
|Spending / Student||$7,605||$5,720|
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.