Millard School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public preschools in Millard School District, serving 935 students. Public preschools in Millard School District have an average math proficiency score of 47% (versus the Utah public pre school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 42% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average pre testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public pre schools in Utah.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Utah public preschool average of 30% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 0:1 is equal to the Utah public preschool average of 0:1.
|School District Name||Millard School District|
|School District Website||http://www.millard.k12.ut.us|
|School District Phone Number||(435) 864-1000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (UT)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||302 Schools|
|# of Students||935 Students||153,428 Students|
|# of Teachers||n/a||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||n/a|
- Millard School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 31 school districts in Utah (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has increased from 87% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (UT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#64 out of 153 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Graduation Rate (15-16)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||11 Students||1,987 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||10 Students||2,584 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||121 Students||31,098 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||2,648 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||775 Students||107,936 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,103 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 Students||4,072 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||124||14,590|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||203||18,985|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||217||19,638|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||217||19,717|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||92||20,335|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||82||20,770|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||20,800|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||17,754|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||155|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||132|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||66|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||50|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||59|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||377|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,621 is higher than the state median of $7,178. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,172 is higher than the state median of $6,968. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (UT)|
|Total Revenue||$35 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$34 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,621||$7,178|
|Revenue / Student||$11,172||$6,968|
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.