Van Buren Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 385 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 62%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 64% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 69% IA state average), while 55% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Van Buren Elementary School?
385 students attend Van Buren Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
38% of Van Buren Elementary School students are White, 30% of students are Black, 23% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Van Buren Elementary School?
Van Buren Elementary School has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Van Buren Elementary School offer ?
Van Buren Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
Review Van Buren Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities