Van Buren Middle School
Van Buren Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Van Buren Middle School's student population of 418 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Van Buren Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3301 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Cahoon Elementary Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 434 students
2312 E Yukon St
Tampa, FL 33604
(813)975-7647 0.2 PK-5 434
- Tampa Sulphur Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 732 students
8412 N 13th St
Tampa, FL 33604
(813)975-7305 0.8 PK-6 732
- Tampa Witter Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 571 students
10801 N 22nd St
Tampa, FL 33612
(813)975-7383 1.1 PK-5 571
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.