Top New Mexico Public Schools
- New Mexico is the #37 largest school system in the United States, serving 332,644 students across the top 921 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- New Mexico public schools have a diversity score of 0.38, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 76% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NM) School Average
Two or more races
Top New Mexico Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 197 Schools95,689 Students79% Minority
- 6 Schools268 Students40% Minority
- 34 Schools12,269 Students75% Minority
- 20 Schools3,702 Students86% Minority
- 15 Schools1,683 Students60% Minority
- 28 Schools9,805 Students67% Minority
- 3 Schools315 Students57% Minority
- 73 Schools39,066 Students87% Minority
- 27 Schools10,827 Students61% Minority
- 15 Schools4,197 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools734 Students95% Minority
- 4 Schools91 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools677 Students74% Minority
- 39 Schools15,516 Students75% Minority
- 16 Schools2,834 Students60% Minority
- 7 Schools3,578 Students41% Minority
- 11 Schools5,504 Students86% Minority
- 57 Schools13,293 Students95% Minority
- 6 Schools492 Students94% Minority
- 22 Schools6,307 Students52% Minority
- 12 Schools1,453 Students56% Minority
- 29 Schools5,827 Students94% Minority
- 13 Schools3,425 Students62% Minority
- 59 Schools24,027 Students71% Minority
- 19 Schools3,534 Students90% Minority
- 46 Schools21,362 Students70% Minority
- 54 Schools21,093 Students79% Minority
- 5 Schools1,329 Students53% Minority
- 11 Schools2,131 Students77% Minority
- 28 Schools4,448 Students78% Minority
- 16 Schools3,818 Students53% Minority
- 6 Schools582 Students51% Minority
- 28 Schools12,768 Students74% Minority
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.