New Mexico Public Schools
- New Mexico is the #37 largest school system in the United States, serving 335,991 students across 914 public schools.
- New Mexico public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.57, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 76% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NM) School Average
Two or more races
New Mexico Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 194 Schools97,920 Students78% Minority
- 6 Schools255 Students41% Minority
- 31 Schools11,498 Students74% Minority
- 19 Schools3,683 Students85% Minority
- 17 Schools1,703 Students61% Minority
- 28 Schools9,816 Students66% Minority
- 3 Schools320 Students58% Minority
- 71 Schools38,908 Students86% Minority
- 27 Schools10,989 Students60% Minority
- 15 Schools4,272 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools735 Students95% Minority
- 4 Schools100 Students57% Minority
- 8 Schools652 Students75% Minority
- 38 Schools15,324 Students74% Minority
- 16 Schools2,909 Students62% Minority
- 7 Schools3,505 Students39% Minority
- 11 Schools5,437 Students85% Minority
- 56 Schools13,357 Students95% Minority
- 6 Schools509 Students93% Minority
- 23 Schools6,953 Students51% Minority
- 12 Schools1,466 Students58% Minority
- 30 Schools5,895 Students94% Minority
- 13 Schools3,443 Students60% Minority
- 59 Schools24,437 Students70% Minority
- 20 Schools3,748 Students92% Minority
- 45 Schools20,989 Students69% Minority
- 52 Schools21,752 Students78% Minority
- 5 Schools1,388 Students52% Minority
- 11 Schools2,220 Students78% Minority
- 28 Schools4,428 Students78% Minority
- 16 Schools3,963 Students53% Minority
- 6 Schools572 Students51% Minority
- 29 Schools12,845 Students75% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.