New Mexico Public Schools
- New Mexico is the #37 largest school system in the United States, serving 336,001 students across 914 public schools.
- New Mexico public schools have a diversity score of 0.38, which is higher than the national average of 0.31.
- Minority enrollment is 76% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NM) School Average
Two or more races
New Mexico Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 194 Schools97,920 Students78% Minority
- 6 Schools255 Students41% Minority
- 31 Schools11,498 Students74% Minority
- 20 Schools3,683 Students85% Minority
- 17 Schools1,703 Students61% Minority
- 28 Schools9,816 Students66% Minority
- 3 Schools320 Students58% Minority
- 71 Schools38,908 Students86% Minority
- 27 Schools10,989 Students60% Minority
- 15 Schools4,272 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools735 Students95% Minority
- 4 Schools100 Students57% Minority
- 8 Schools652 Students75% Minority
- 38 Schools15,324 Students74% Minority
- 16 Schools2,909 Students62% Minority
- 7 Schools3,505 Students39% Minority
- 11 Schools5,437 Students85% Minority
- 56 Schools13,357 Students95% Minority
- 6 Schools509 Students93% Minority
- 23 Schools6,953 Students51% Minority
- 12 Schools1,466 Students58% Minority
- 30 Schools5,895 Students94% Minority
- 13 Schools3,443 Students60% Minority
- 59 Schools24,437 Students70% Minority
- 20 Schools3,748 Students92% Minority
- 45 Schools20,989 Students69% Minority
- 52 Schools21,752 Students78% Minority
- 5 Schools1,388 Students52% Minority
- 11 Schools2,220 Students78% Minority
- 28 Schools4,428 Students78% Minority
- 16 Schools3,963 Students53% Minority
- 6 Schools572 Students51% Minority
- 28 Schools12,845 Students75% Minority
March 09, 2018
We examine the rise in atheist club in public schools across the country – and how the push for Christian clubs may have inadvertently spurred this growth.
March 05, 2018
Changes instigated by the Trump Administration have been met with a great deal of controversy but one of the biggest debates within the education sector is in regard to integration and charter schools. Keep reading to learn more about the charter school debate and what you should know as a parent.
March 05, 2018
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.