Top New Mexico Public Schools
- New Mexico is the #37 largest school system in the United States, serving 332,644 students across the top 921 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- New Mexico public schools have a diversity score of 0.38, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 76% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NM) School Average
Two or more races
Top New Mexico Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 197 Schools95,689 Students79% Minority
- 6 Schools268 Students40% Minority
- 34 Schools12,269 Students75% Minority
- 20 Schools3,702 Students86% Minority
- 15 Schools1,683 Students60% Minority
- 28 Schools9,805 Students67% Minority
- 3 Schools315 Students57% Minority
- 73 Schools39,066 Students87% Minority
- 27 Schools10,827 Students61% Minority
- 15 Schools4,197 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools734 Students95% Minority
- 4 Schools91 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools677 Students74% Minority
- 39 Schools15,516 Students75% Minority
- 16 Schools2,834 Students60% Minority
- 7 Schools3,578 Students41% Minority
- 11 Schools5,504 Students86% Minority
- 57 Schools13,293 Students95% Minority
- 6 Schools492 Students94% Minority
- 22 Schools6,307 Students52% Minority
- 12 Schools1,453 Students56% Minority
- 29 Schools5,827 Students94% Minority
- 13 Schools3,425 Students62% Minority
- 59 Schools24,027 Students71% Minority
- 19 Schools3,534 Students90% Minority
- 46 Schools21,362 Students70% Minority
- 54 Schools21,093 Students79% Minority
- 5 Schools1,329 Students53% Minority
- 11 Schools2,131 Students77% Minority
- 28 Schools4,448 Students78% Minority
- 16 Schools3,818 Students53% Minority
- 6 Schools582 Students51% Minority
- 28 Schools12,768 Students74% Minority
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.