New Mexico Public Schools
- New Mexico is the #37 largest school system in the United States, serving 334,063 students across 927 public schools.
- New Mexico public schools have a diversity score of 0.38, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 76% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 15:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NM) School Average
Two or more races
New Mexico Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 198 Schools95,802 Students79% Minority
- 6 Schools268 Students40% Minority
- 34 Schools12,269 Students75% Minority
- 20 Schools3,702 Students86% Minority
- 15 Schools1,683 Students60% Minority
- 29 Schools10,067 Students67% Minority
- 3 Schools315 Students57% Minority
- 73 Schools39,066 Students87% Minority
- 28 Schools11,172 Students61% Minority
- 15 Schools4,197 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools734 Students95% Minority
- 4 Schools91 Students49% Minority
- 7 Schools677 Students74% Minority
- 39 Schools15,516 Students75% Minority
- 16 Schools2,834 Students60% Minority
- 7 Schools3,578 Students41% Minority
- 11 Schools5,504 Students86% Minority
- 57 Schools13,293 Students95% Minority
- 6 Schools492 Students94% Minority
- 23 Schools6,819 Students53% Minority
- 12 Schools1,453 Students56% Minority
- 29 Schools5,827 Students94% Minority
- 13 Schools3,425 Students62% Minority
- 60 Schools24,181 Students71% Minority
- 20 Schools3,678 Students90% Minority
- 46 Schools21,362 Students70% Minority
- 54 Schools20,982 Students80% Minority
- 5 Schools1,329 Students53% Minority
- 11 Schools2,131 Students77% Minority
- 28 Schools4,448 Students78% Minority
- 16 Schools3,818 Students53% Minority
- 6 Schools582 Students51% Minority
- 28 Schools12,768 Students74% Minority
May 03, 2018
Tracking was once the standard of public education in the United States but today there is a great deal of controversy regarding its relevance. Consider the pros and cons of tracking to decide whether it might be a good option for your child.
May 03, 2018
We explore the various models of governance of public schools in the U.S. today, breaking down the responsibilities of the federal, state and local governments.
April 05, 2018
Every year, standardized tests reveal that public school performance is woefully low. Yet you pay taxes to fund public education, so where does that money go? Keep reading to find out how much it really costs to educate your child.