Verrado Middle School
Verrado Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Verrado Middle School's student population of 810 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||810 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Verrado Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#360 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Litchfield Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Litchfield Park Verrado Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 674 students
20873 W. Sunrise Lane
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
(623)547-1600 0.1 PK-8 674
- Buckeye West-mec - Verrado High School Grades: 9-12
20050 W. Indian School Road
Buckeye, AZ 85396
(623)873-1860 0.9 9-12 n/a
- Litchfield Park Verrado Heritage Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 886 students
20895 W Hamilton St
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
(623)535-6000 1.3 PK-8 886
- Buckeye Buhsd Institute Of Online Learning Grades: 9-12
751 N. 215th Ave
Buckeye, AZ 85326
(623)386-9700 2.8 9-12 n/a
There is a schism between the performance and atmosphere of this school. Although you cant argue with the performance, you may ask attending children about how they feel about continuing to attend this school. There is a significant segregation between students that are accepted, and those that feel bullied. There are also predominantly newer/younger teachers that do not fit the conventional mold in appearance,actions, or attitudes. This is a great facility in a very good district, but has issues to overcome.
- Posted by Parent - rick.
Hi, I attended Verrado Middle School for about a month after I relized that the academics that I was learning were way behind. I am in 7 grade honors and I still feel behind in what I am learning. I feel that the math teachers are not really that observant of where their students are. If your child has gone to a private/christian school before I would not recommend this school just because they WILL become behind in their academics. The teachers and staff overall there are very nice and observant. The students have a lot of secretive things going on that most of the teachers fail to see. Once again I am on 7 grade honors. I am convincing my parents to send me back to my previous private school only becuase I absolutley love the enviroment there and I do not feel like I am becoming dumber by the second.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - babyx