Violetville Elementary Middle School
Violetville Elementary Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Violetville Elementary Middle School's student population of 455 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||455 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Violetville Elementary Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#1246 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore City Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Sarah M. Roach Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 255 students
3434 Old Frederick Rd
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)396-0511 1.0 PK-5 255
- Halethorpe Maiden Choice School Grades: PK-12 | 116 students
4901 Shelbourne Rd
Halethorpe, MD 21227
(410)887-1431 1.3 PK-12 116
- Baltimore Morrell Park Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
2601 Tolley St
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410)396-3426 1.3 PK-8 404
- Baltimore The Seed School Of Maryland Grades: 6-12 | 401 students
200 Font Hill Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21223
(410)843-9477 1.3 6-12 401
- Baltimore Beechfield Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 621 students
301 S Beechfield Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)396-0525 1.4 PK-8 621
The school is a great place for student learning. There are a few issues with student altecations, but that is true of all schools. I have enjoyed working with the staff and the administration. My child has been able to be very successful there. Way to go Violetville. Keep up the good work!
- Posted by Parent - wende
Lots of violence at the school. The school used to be good. Now is a school where kids fight a lot.
- Posted by Parent - charl
Nearby Homes for Sale
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.