Violetville Elementary Middle School
- Violetville Elementary Middle School's student population of 420 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||420 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Violetville Elementary Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1242 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Sarah M. Roach Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 235 students
3434 Old Frederick Rd
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410) 396-0511 1.0 PK-5 235
- Halethorpe Maiden Choice School Grades: PK-12 | 119 students
4901 Shelbourne Rd
Halethorpe, MD 21227
(410) 887-1431 1.3 PK-12 119
- Baltimore Morrell Park Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 424 students
2601 Tolley St
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 396-3426 1.3 PK-8 424
- Baltimore The Seed School Of Maryland Grades: 6-12 | 400 students
200 Font Hill Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21223
(410) 843-9477 1.3 6-12 400
- Baltimore Beechfield Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 604 students
301 S Beechfield Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410) 396-0525 1.4 PK-8 604
I think Violetville is probably one of the best schools in Baltimore City because they have plenty of structure and Order but I especially like the principal Miss Brown because I believe she genuinely cares about the students. I have two children that attend there and one that graduated last year and Miss Brown motivated him to do good in school and apply himself and now he wants to pass and graduate high school and I just think she is a great principal.
- Posted by Parent - Jamie Harr
The school is a great place for student learning. There are a few issues with student altecations, but that is true of all schools. I have enjoyed working with the staff and the administration. My child has been able to be very successful there. Way to go Violetville. Keep up the good work!
- Posted by Parent - wende
Lots of violence at the school. The school used to be good. Now is a school where kids fight a lot.
- Posted by Parent - charl
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.