Wadewitz Elementary School
Wadewitz Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Wadewitz Elementary School's student population of 554 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||554 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wadewitz Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1888 out of 2,027 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Racine Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Racine Horlick High School Grades: 9-12 | 1758 students
2119 Rapids Dr
Racine, WI 53404
(262)619-4300 0.3 9-12 1758
- Racine Racine Alternative Learning Grades: K-12 | 179 students
3109 Mount Pleasant St
Racine, WI 53404
(262)635-5600 0.9 K-12 179
- Racine Racine Youthful Offender Warren Young High School Grades: 11-12 | 171 students
1501 Albert St
Racine, WI 53401
(262)638-1999 0.9 11-12 171
- Racine P-coc Parent-child Oriented Classroom Grades: PK | 147 students
914 Saint Patrick St
Racine, WI 53402
(262)631-7122 1.1 PK 147
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.