Walter Reed Middle School
Walter Reed Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Walter Reed Middle School's student population of 1610 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,610 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walter Reed Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Walter Reed Middle School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valley Village Colfax Charter Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 682 students
11724 Addison St.
Valley Village, CA 91607
(818)761-5115 0.6 K-5 682
- Studio City Carpenter Community Charter Grades: K-5 | 946 students
3909 Carpenter Ave.
Studio City, CA 91604
(818)761-4363 0.8 K-5 946
- North Hollywood North Hollywood Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 2610 students
5231 Colfax Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)753-6200 0.9 9-12 2610
- North Hollywood Berenece Carlson Home Hospital Grades: K-12 | 460 students
10952 Whipple St.
North Hollywood, CA 91602
(818)509-8759 1.0 K-12 460
- North Hollywood Lankershim Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 472 students
5250 Bakman Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818)769-3130 1.0 K-5 472