Walton Ferry Elementary School
Walton Ferry Elementary School serves 443 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Walton Ferry Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Tennessee for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 69% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 39%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 54% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Tennessee state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Tennessee state average of 37% (majority Black).
Walton Ferry Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Walton Ferry Elementary School's student population of 443 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Walton Ferry Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,705 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Walton Ferry Elementary School is 0.38, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TN)
Overall Testing Rank
#123 out of 1705 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TN Dept. of Education
Review Walton Ferry Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students