Washington Irving Elementary School
Washington Irving Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Washington Irving Elementary School's student population of 583 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||583 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Washington Irving Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1425 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Hammond School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hammond Abraham Lincoln Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 646 students
4221 Towle Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
(219)933-2475 0.8 PK-5 646
- Hammond Columbia Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 274 students
1238 Michigan St
Hammond, IN 46320
(219)933-2461 1.0 K-5 274
- Hammond Lafayette Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 504 students
856 Sibley St
Hammond, IN 46320
(219)933-2472 1.0 PK-5 504
- East Chicago William Mckinley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 643 students
4825 Magoun Ave
East Chicago, IN 46312
(219)391-4186 1.2 PK-6 643
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.