Waunakee Prairie Elementary School
Waunakee Prairie Elementary School serves 589 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Waunakee Prairie Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Wisconsin for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Wisconsin state average of 43%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Wisconsin state average of 41%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Wisconsin state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Wisconsin state average of 30% (majority Hispanic).
Waunakee Prairie Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Waunakee Prairie Elementary School's student population of 589 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Waunakee Prairie Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,025 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Waunakee Prairie Elementary School is 0.24, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.49. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (WI)
Overall Testing Rank
#97 out of 2025 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WI Dept. of Education
Review Waunakee Prairie Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.