Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School
Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School serves 807 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Nevada for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 54% (which is higher than the Nevada state average of 36%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 49% (which is higher than the Nevada state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Nevada state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is higher than the Nevada state average of 68% (majority Hispanic).
Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School's student population of 807 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
The teacher population of 46 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 671 schools in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School is 0.79, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NV)
Overall Testing Rank
#185 out of 671 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NV Dept. of Education
Review Wayne N Tanaka Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.