Wells Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 408 students
- Minority Enrollment: 67%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IL
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% IL state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 38% IL state average).
How many students attend Wells Elementary School?
408 students attend Wells Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
44% of Wells Elementary School students are Black, 33% of students are White, 13% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Asian.
What grades does Wells Elementary School offer ?
Wells Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4
Review Wells Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities