Wesley Ray Elementary School
Wesley Ray Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Wesley Ray Elementary School's student population of 286 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wesley Ray Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1095 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Washington Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Angie Rayburn Correctional Institute Grades: 10-12 | 3 students
27268 Hwy. 21
Angie, LA 70426
(985)661-6329 3.0 10-12 3
- Varnado Varnado High School Grades: 6-12 | 362 students
25543 Washington Street
Varnado, LA 70467
(985)732-2025 5.3 6-12 362
- Franklinton Pine School Grades: 6-12 | 698 students
28315 Highway 424
Franklinton, LA 70438
(985)848-5243 10.9 6-12 698
- Franklinton Thomas Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 638 students
30341 Highway 424
Franklinton, LA 70438
(985)848-2881 11.3 PK-5 638
- Tylertown Dexter Attendance Center Grades: K-6 | 67 students
927 Highway 48 East
Tylertown, MS 39667
(601)876-3985 11.5 K-6 67
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.