West County High School
West County High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- West County High School's student population of 303 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West County High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,073 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#38 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||WEST ST. FRANCOIS CO. R-IV School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Park Hills West County Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 498 students
625 Chariton Ave
Park Hills, MO 63601
(573)562-7558 0.5 PK-5 498
- Leadwood West County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 228 students
1124 Main St
Leadwood, MO 63653
(573)562-7544 1.0 6-8 228
- Park Hills Intermediate School Grades: 5-6 | 431 students
801 Elm St
Park Hills, MO 63601
(573)431-3300 5.1 5-6 431
- Bonne Terre Unitec Career Center Grades: 10-12
7163 Raider Rd
Bonne Terre, MO 63628
(573)358-2271 5.2 10-12 n/a
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.