West Ward Elementary School
West Ward Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- West Ward Elementary School's student population of 503 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||503 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Ward Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#6723 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Killeen Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Hood Meadows Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 663 students
423 27th St
Fort Hood, TX 76544
(254)336-1870 1.0 PK-5 663
- Killeen East Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 562 students
1608 E Rancier Ave
Killeen, TX 76541
(254)336-1650 1.2 PK-5 562
- Killeen Richard Milburn Alter H S (killeen) Grades: 9-12 | 212 students
802 N 2nd St Bldg G
Killeen, TX 76541
(254)634-4444 1.3 9-12 212
- Killeen Peebles Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 836 students
1800 N W S Young Dr
Killeen, TX 76543
(254)336-2120 1.5 PK-5 836
- Killeen Alice W Douse Elementary School
700 Rebecca Lynn Dr
Killeen, TX 76540
(254)336-1624 1.7 n/a n/a
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.