Westwood Middle School
- Westwood Middle School's student population of 759 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||759 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Westwood Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3135 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Polk School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winter Haven Inwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 396 students
2200 Avenue G Nw
Winter Haven, FL 33880
(863)291-5369 1.0 PK-5 396
- Winter Haven Fred G. Garner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 680 students
2500 Havendale Blvd Nw
Winter Haven, FL 33881
(863)965-5455 1.2 PK-5 680
- Auburndale East Area Adult School Grades: AE
300 Bridgers Ave E
Auburndale, FL 33823
(863)965-5475 2.1 AE n/a
- Auburndale Auburndale Central Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 423 students
320 Lemon St
Auburndale, FL 33823
(863)965-5450 2.3 PK-5 423
- Winter Haven Cypress Junction Montessori Grades: PK-8 | 137 students
201 Ave B Sw
Winter Haven, FL 33882
(863)332-2887 2.3 PK-8 137
Westwood Middle School is a pioneer in several programs for the district including Positive Behavior Support and CRISS trainings for teachers. The staff is involved in continuous professional development which enhances instruction and provides many opportunities for student progress. There is an abundance of communication throughout the staff and administrators where everyone's opinion is heard and valued. There is staff input in all school-wide decisions made. There are various tutoring and academic aides offered to students throughout the year as well as recreational extra curricula activities through our after school programs.
- Posted by Teacher - nidia
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.