Wharton High School
Wharton High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Wharton High School's student population of 2,443 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 124 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,443 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||124 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wharton High School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2448 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||HILLSBOROUGH School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Clark Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 871 students
19002 Wood Sage Dr
Tampa, FL 33647
(813)631-4333 0.9 PK-5 871
- Wesley Chapel Sand Pine Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 531 students
29040 County Line Rd
Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
(813)794-1900 1.7 PK-5 531
- Tampa Hunter's Green Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 816 students
9202 Highland Oak Dr
Tampa, FL 33647
(813)973-7394 1.9 PK-5 816
- New Port Richey Plato Academy Grades: K-3 | 54 students
8812 Old Country Rd 54
New Port Richey, FL 34653
(727)799-1200 2.0 K-3 54
I would never recommend this school. There are more fights and lock downs than there is actually teaching. The school is very sexist when it comes to dress code and the food closely resembles garbage. I have had bugs in it, expired, and paper. The staff could care less and text more than they actually teach. The ladies that are supposed to greet you when you first show up to the school are rude and look at themselves more than they care. There is constant bullying that never stops. Never EVER go to this school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - samro
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.