Whispering Forest Elementary School
- Whispering Forest Elementary School's student population of 497 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||497 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Whispering Forest Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#259 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Tammany Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Slidell Clearwood Junior High School Grades: 4-8 | 642 students
130 Clearwood Drive
Slidell, LA 70458
(985)641-8200 0.7 4-8 642
- Slidell Alton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 198 students
38276 North 5th Avenue
Slidell, LA 70460
(985)863-5353 1.1 PK-5 198
- Slidell Bonne Ecole Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 767 students
900 Rue Verand
Slidell, LA 70458
(985)643-0674 1.9 PK-6 767
- Slidell Boyet Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 734 students
59295 Rebel Drive
Slidell, LA 70461
(985)643-3775 2.2 7-8 734
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.