Whitman Middle School
Whitman Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Whitman Middle School's student population of 975 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||975 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Whitman Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1488 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||FAIRFAX CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Hollin Meadows Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 630 students
2310 Nordok Place
Alexandria, VA 22306
(703)718-8300 0.6 PK-6 630
- Alexandria Stratford Landing Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 823 students
8484 Riverside Rd
Alexandria, VA 22308
(703)619-3600 0.9 PK-6 823
- Alexandria Sandburg Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 1424 students
8428 Fort Hunt Rd
Alexandria, VA 22308
(703)799-6100 1.2 7-8 1424
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.