Whitman places among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Whitman's student population of 420 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||420 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Whitman's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1868 out of 2,014 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tacoma School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tacoma Lincoln Grades: 9-12 | 1509 students
701 S 37th St
Tacoma, WA 98418
(253)571-6700 0.4 9-12 1509
- Tacoma Angelo Giaudrone Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 658 students
4902 S Alaska St
Tacoma, WA 98408
(253)571-5811 0.8 6-8 658
- Tacoma Mann Grades: PK-5 | 483 students
1002 S 52nd St
Tacoma, WA 98408
(253)571-6300 0.8 PK-5 483
- Tacoma Lyon Grades: PK-5 | 360 students
101 E 46th St
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253)571-4800 1.0 PK-5 360
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.