Wilkinson Early Childhood Center
Wilkinson Early Childhood Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Wilkinson Early Childhood Center's student population of 231 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wilkinson Early Childhood Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,015 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2010-11 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (10-11)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (10-11)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||ST. LOUIS CITY School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Mrh Elementary School Grades: 2-6 | 533 students
1800 Princeton Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63117
(314)644-4403 0.6 2-6 533
- Saint Louis Gateway Science Acad-south Ele Grades: K-5 | 401 students
6651 Gravois Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63116
(314)669-9000 1.0 K-5 401
- Saint Louis Gateway Science Acad/st Louis Grades: K-5 | 438 students
6576 Smiley Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)932-7513 1.0 K-5 438
- Saint Louis Mason Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 436 students
6031 Southwest Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)645-1201 1.1 PK-6 436
- Saint Louis Maplewood-richmond Hgts. High School Grades: 9-12 | 314 students
7539 Manchester Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63143
(314)644-4401 1.2 9-12 314
My son had his first year as a Wilkie Bear this year, and we have loved our experience! He will be returning next year and I have no doubt that it will be another great year. His teachers are very caring, and the school has a wonderful community feel. They have the latest technology, so I am never worried that he isn't learning a ton. I highly recommend Wilkinson ECC!
- Posted by Parent - Sumer
When we first toured the school, the staff was very warm and friendly. Most of the teachers there have master's degrees. They have a more positive approach to discipline, too, it seemed. They also appeared to be really following Project Construct, from what we saw in the classrooms. The tour guide, Diane Taylor, told us about the two curriculums, Open Court (which they appear to be phasing out) and Project Construct. When I asked her to explain, she went into one of the preschool rooms and the teacher came over and explained it all pretty articulately and she also said that with preschool they try to make it play oriented because their natural state is play (which goes along with my own personal philosophy). Old, well-kept building with a new playground on a quiet, tucked-away street in Dogtown. Our child has been going to school there now for over a year and is very happy, as our we. The PTO is also very involved and gets things done. Highly recommended St. Louis City Magnet School!
- Posted by Parent - koppe
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.