Williams Elementary School
- Williams Elementary School's student population of 217 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Williams Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#207 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||RSU 18 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Messalonskee High School Grades: 9-12 | 749 students
131 Messalonskee High Drive
Oakland, ME 04963
(207) 465-7381 0.5 9-12 749
- Waterville Waterville Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 400 students
100 West River Rd
Waterville, ME 04901
(207) 873-2144 3.2 6-8 400
- Waterville Mid-maine Technical Center
3 Brooklyn Ave
Waterville, ME 04901
(207) 873-0102 3.6 n/a n/a
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.