Woodstock School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Woodstock School's student population of 87 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Woodstock School is ranked within the top 5% of all 525 schools in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#19 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Andover School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Paris Agnes Gray School Grades: PK-4 | 105 students
170 Main Street
West Paris, ME 04289
(207)674-2332 6.2 PK-4 105
- Bethel Telstar High School Grades: 9-12 | 217 students
284 Walkers Mills Rd
Bethel, ME 04217
(207)824-2136 6.2 9-12 217
- Bethel Crescent Park School Grades: K-5 | 241 students
19 Crescent Lane
Bethel, ME 04217
(207)824-2839 6.9 K-5 241
- Paris Paris Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 464 students
4 Hathaway Road
Paris, ME 04271
(207)743-7802 11.5 PK-6 464
- Mexico Region 9 School Of Applied Technology
377 River Road
Mexico, ME 04257
(207)364-3764 11.8 n/a n/a
Woodstock is a top of the line school that promotes respect and community understanding in a way that makes me stay in this community. My child leaves dancing and singing. I love school! each day. The curriculum flows and follows common core standards. Principal Littlehale is a gift to her staff and students! She makes sure that the school is safe and enriching with a vigor that should be commended!!
- Posted by Parent - lilyb
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.