Yorkwood Elementary School
- Yorkwood Elementary School's student population of 430 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Yorkwood Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#978 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Leith Walk Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 1,166 student
1235 Sherwood Ave
Baltimore, MD 21239
(410) 396-6380 0.5 PK-8 1,166
- Baltimore Reginald F. Lewis High School Grades: 9-12 | 564 students
6401 Pioneer Drive
Baltimore, MD 21214
(410) 545-1746 0.6 9-12 564
- Baltimore Northwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 661 students
5201 Loch Raven Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21239
(410) 396-6377 0.8 PK-5 661
- Baltimore Monarch Academy Public Charter School Grades: K-8 | 1,012 student
2525 Kirk Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
(443) 642-2402 0.9 K-8 1,012
- Baltimore Lillie May Carroll Jackson School Grades: 5-8 | 197 students
900 Woodbourne Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21212
(443) 320-9499 1.1 5-8 197
i went to this school before and i still miss my friends there. i didn't want to leave this school but it was for the best i recommend this school for any one. [ P.S. have fun at fun day there, if you are going. ]
- Posted by Student/Alumni - annae
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.