Abingdon Elementary School
- Abingdon Elementary School's student population of 621 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||621 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Abingdon Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1172 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||GLOUCESTER CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hayes Achilles Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 396 students
9306 Guinea Road
Hayes, VA 23072
(804)642-9140 4.0 PK-5 396
- Gloucester Page Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 636 students
5198 Tc Walker Rd
Gloucester, VA 23061
(804)693-2540 4.9 6-8 636
- Gloucester Gloucester & Mathews Counties Gov's Health Sciences Academy
6099 T.c. Walker Road
Gloucester, VA 23061
(804)693-7910 6.0 n/a n/a
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.