Abq Sign Language Academy
- Abq Sign Language Academy's student population of 98 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-10|
|Total Students||98 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Abq Sign Language Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 819 schools in New Mexico (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Abq Sign Language Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Lew Wallace Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 277 students
513 6th St Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87102
(505)880-3744 0.1 K-5 277
- Albuquerque Gordon Bernell Charter Grades: 9-12 | 392 students
401 Roma Nw 3rd Floor
Albuquerque, NM 87121
(505)880-3744 0.2 9-12 392
- Albuquerque Amy Biehl Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 296 students
123 4th St Sw
Albuquerque, NM 87102
(505)299-9409 0.5 9-12 296
- Villalba Centro Residencial De Oportunidades Educativas De Villalba High School Grades: 9-12 | 104 students
Carr 159 Int K 57.3, Calle Alb
Villalba, PR 00766
(787)847-7440 0.5 9-12 104
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.