Academy For Academics & Arts
- Academy For Academics & Arts's student population of 690 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||690 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Academy For Academics & Arts's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#234 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Huntsville City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Sonnie Hereford Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 600 students
2755 Wilson Drive
Huntsville, AL 35816
(256)428-7440 0.3 PK-6 600
- Huntsville Robert Neaves Center Grades: K-12
817 Cook Ave.
Huntsville, AL 35801
(256)532-0300 0.9 K-12 n/a
- Huntsville Montview Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 215 students
2600 Garvin Rd Nw
Huntsville, AL 35810
(256)428-7320 1.3 PK-6 215
- Huntsville Highlands Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 447 students
2500 Barney Ave
Huntsville, AL 35810
(256)428-7200 1.8 PK-6 447
- Huntsville Westlawn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 307 students
4217 9th Ave W
Huntsville, AL 35805
(256)428-7760 1.8 6-8 307
great school my daughter has recently went into 6th grade where she is taking dance, choir,strings while my 5th grade daughter is taking dance and strings till she can take more next year.
- Posted by Parent - niaya
Full of of snobs, backstabbers and hateful people.
- Posted by Parent - prp12
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.