Academy Of Technology Design
Academy Of Technology Design places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Academy Of Technology Design's student population of 172 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Vocational school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Academy Of Technology Design is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,239 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1976 out of 2239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hudson County Schools Of Technology School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jersey City County Prep High School Grades: 9-12 | 899 students
525 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 631-6302 0.1 9-12 899
- Jersey City Explore 2000 Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 150 students
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 631-6395 0.1 6-8 150
- Jersey City Empowerment Academy Charter School Grades: K-3 | 457 students
240 Ege Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07304
(201) 630-4798 0.2 K-3 457
- Jersey City James J Ferris High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,327 student
35 Colgate St
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 915-6660 0.3 9-12 1,327
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.