Top Placements (Florida)
Access Charter is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Access Charter's student population of 113 students has grown by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school / Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Access Charter is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Access Charter is Orange School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Orange School District's student population of 196,724 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 81% has increased from 71% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,867 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,787 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
|School District Name||Orange School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||196,724||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,806 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$1,792 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,867||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$9,787||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Princeton House Charter Grades: PK-12 | 151 students
1166 Lee Rd
Orlando, FL 32810
(407)523-7121 0.1 PK-12 151
- Orlando Aspire Academy Charter Grades: K-5 | 121 students
928 Malone Dr
Orlando, FL 32810
(407)297-9955 0.2 K-5 121
- Orlando Lake Weston Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 579 students
5500 Milan Drive
Orlando, FL 32802
(407)296-6430 1.0 PK-5 579
- Winter Park Killarney Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 419 students
2401 Wellington Blvd
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407)623-1438 1.2 PK-5 419
- Maitland Hungerford Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 285 students
230 S College Ave
Maitland, FL 32751
(407)623-1430 1.3 PK-5 285
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.