Acushnet Elementary School
- Acushnet Elementary School's student population of 538 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||538 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Acushnet Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#860 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Acushnet School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Acushnet Albert F Ford Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 417 students
708 Middle Road
Acushnet, MA 02743
(508)998-0265 0.1 5-8 417
- Rochester Rochester Memorial Grades: PK-6 | 466 students
16 Pine Street
Rochester, MA 02770
(508)763-2049 2.5 PK-6 466
- New Bedford Gr New Bedford Vocational Technical Grades: 9-12 | 2154 students
1121 Ashley Blvd
New Bedford, MA 02745
(508)998-3321 2.7 9-12 2154
- New Bedford Normandin Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1125 students
81 Felton St
New Bedford, MA 02745
(508)985-4300 3.3 6-8 1125
- New Bedford Global Learning Charter Public School Grades: 5-12 | 507 students
190 Ashley Boulevard
New Bedford, MA 02746
(508)991-4105 4.7 5-12 507
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.