Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #19 largest school system in the United States, serving 949,437 students across 1,846 public schools.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity score of 0.34, which is higher than the national average of 0.31.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Lowell Collegiate Charter () School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 36% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Massachusetts Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 48 Schools23,853 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,215 Students18% Minority
- 143 Schools80,681 Students26% Minority
- 8 Schools2,327 Students24% Minority
- 226 Schools114,459 Students40% Minority
- 39 Schools9,717 Students14% Minority
- 154 Schools72,758 Students52% Minority
- 50 Schools18,494 Students20% Minority
- 380 Schools217,945 Students34% Minority
- 3 Schools1,547 Students41% Minority
- 189 Schools100,306 Students27% Minority
- 138 Schools83,193 Students23% Minority
- 168 Schools80,634 Students83% Minority
- 254 Schools127,317 Students31% Minority
January 31, 2018
Bullying is becoming the red hot topic in education circles today, and the U.S. Department of Education is taking note. Learn about the anti-bullying summit held by Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how schools may finally put an end to bullying.
January 31, 2018
Learn about the debate surrounding full-day kindergarten and which choice is best for your child.
January 25, 2018
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.