Top Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #20 largest school system in the United States, serving 952,304 students across the top 1,859 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity score of 0.35, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Malden School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 37% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Top Massachusetts Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 51 Schools25,161 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,007 Students19% Minority
- 145 Schools80,311 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools2,313 Students24% Minority
- 229 Schools115,503 Students41% Minority
- 39 Schools9,354 Students16% Minority
- 161 Schools73,212 Students53% Minority
- 50 Schools18,273 Students21% Minority
- 383 Schools219,444 Students36% Minority
- 3 Schools1,567 Students42% Minority
- 189 Schools100,748 Students28% Minority
- 136 Schools82,525 Students23% Minority
- 167 Schools81,353 Students83% Minority
- 252 Schools126,533 Students33% Minority
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
Math and English grades are commonplace on report cards, but what about “fat” grades? Learn about obesity report cards and why public schools are beginning to measure BMI in all their students.
Combat the growing prevalence of bullying in public schools by learning more about effective solutions.