Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #19 largest school system in the United States, serving 949,446 students across 1,846 public schools.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.55, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Lowell Collegiate Charter () School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 36% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Massachusetts Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 48 Schools23,853 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,215 Students18% Minority
- 143 Schools80,681 Students26% Minority
- 8 Schools2,327 Students24% Minority
- 226 Schools114,459 Students40% Minority
- 39 Schools9,717 Students14% Minority
- 154 Schools72,758 Students52% Minority
- 50 Schools18,494 Students20% Minority
- 380 Schools217,945 Students34% Minority
- 3 Schools1,547 Students41% Minority
- 189 Schools100,306 Students27% Minority
- 138 Schools83,193 Students23% Minority
- 168 Schools80,634 Students83% Minority
- 254 Schools127,317 Students31% Minority
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.
September 07, 2017
Playing sports is a great way to build your child's confidence and dedication but there are some drawbacks. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons of sports for middle schoolers and to learn how to support your student athlete.