Top Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #20 largest school system in the United States, serving 952,304 students across the top 1,859 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity score of 0.35, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Malden School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 37% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Top Massachusetts Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 51 Schools25,161 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,007 Students19% Minority
- 145 Schools80,311 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools2,313 Students24% Minority
- 228 Schools115,353 Students41% Minority
- 39 Schools9,354 Students16% Minority
- 161 Schools73,212 Students53% Minority
- 50 Schools18,273 Students21% Minority
- 383 Schools219,444 Students36% Minority
- 3 Schools1,567 Students42% Minority
- 189 Schools100,748 Students28% Minority
- 136 Schools82,525 Students23% Minority
- 167 Schools81,353 Students83% Minority
- 252 Schools126,533 Students33% Minority
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.