Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #20 largest school system in the United States, serving 953,423 students across 1,862 public schools.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity score of 0.56, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Malden School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 37% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Massachusetts Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 51 Schools25,161 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,007 Students19% Minority
- 146 Schools81,069 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools2,313 Students24% Minority
- 229 Schools115,503 Students41% Minority
- 39 Schools9,354 Students16% Minority
- 161 Schools73,212 Students53% Minority
- 50 Schools18,273 Students21% Minority
- 383 Schools219,444 Students36% Minority
- 3 Schools1,567 Students42% Minority
- 189 Schools100,748 Students28% Minority
- 137 Schools82,575 Students23% Minority
- 167 Schools81,353 Students83% Minority
- 253 Schools126,844 Students33% Minority
April 12, 2018
We review the five goals of the Los Angeles Unified School District and their strategies for meeting those goals.
April 12, 2018
The Fairfax County school system is one of the oldest in the country. We’ll explore its long and illustrious history.
April 05, 2018
Every year, standardized tests reveal that public school performance is woefully low. Yet you pay taxes to fund public education, so where does that money go? Keep reading to find out how much it really costs to educate your child.