Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #20 largest school system in the United States, serving 952,304 students across 1,859 public schools.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity score of 0.56, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Malden School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 37% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Massachusetts Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 51 Schools25,161 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,007 Students19% Minority
- 145 Schools80,311 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools2,313 Students24% Minority
- 229 Schools115,503 Students41% Minority
- 39 Schools9,354 Students16% Minority
- 161 Schools73,212 Students53% Minority
- 50 Schools18,273 Students21% Minority
- 383 Schools219,444 Students36% Minority
- 3 Schools1,567 Students42% Minority
- 189 Schools100,748 Students28% Minority
- 136 Schools82,525 Students23% Minority
- 167 Schools81,353 Students83% Minority
- 252 Schools126,533 Students33% Minority
June 12, 2018
Learn about the pros and cons of graduating early from high school.
June 12, 2018
Peek into what have been dubbed “Taj Majal” high schools, with a list of the five most expensive high schools in the country, how much they cost, and what they really offer students.
May 18, 2018
Find out where the members of the 115th House of Representatives went to school and how many chose private school over public school for their own children.