Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #20 largest school system in the United States, serving 952,304 students across 1,859 public schools.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity score of 0.56, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Malden School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 37% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Massachusetts Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 51 Schools25,161 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,007 Students19% Minority
- 145 Schools80,311 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools2,313 Students24% Minority
- 229 Schools115,503 Students41% Minority
- 39 Schools9,354 Students16% Minority
- 161 Schools73,212 Students53% Minority
- 50 Schools18,273 Students21% Minority
- 383 Schools219,444 Students36% Minority
- 3 Schools1,567 Students42% Minority
- 189 Schools100,748 Students28% Minority
- 136 Schools82,525 Students23% Minority
- 167 Schools81,353 Students83% Minority
- 252 Schools126,533 Students33% Minority
August 16, 2018
Bullying is becoming the red hot topic in education circles today, and the U.S. Department of Education is taking note. Learn about the anti-bullying summit held by Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how schools may finally put an end to bullying.
July 12, 2018
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
July 12, 2018
Meal delivery services are all the rage these days, but could they be the solution to the school lunch problem? Keep reading to find out!