Massachusetts Public Schools
- Massachusetts is the #19 largest school system in the United States, serving 949,446 students across 1,846 public schools.
- Massachusetts public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.55, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- The most diverse school district in Massachusetts is Lowell Collegiate Charter () School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Massachusetts or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 36% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(MA) School Average
Two or more races
Massachusetts Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 48 Schools23,853 Students18% Minority
- 46 Schools16,215 Students18% Minority
- 143 Schools80,681 Students26% Minority
- 8 Schools2,327 Students24% Minority
- 226 Schools114,459 Students40% Minority
- 39 Schools9,717 Students14% Minority
- 154 Schools72,758 Students52% Minority
- 50 Schools18,494 Students20% Minority
- 380 Schools217,945 Students34% Minority
- 3 Schools1,547 Students41% Minority
- 189 Schools100,306 Students27% Minority
- 138 Schools83,193 Students23% Minority
- 168 Schools80,634 Students83% Minority
- 254 Schools127,317 Students31% Minority
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.