Akiak School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Akiak School's student population of 127 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Akiak School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Yupiit School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akiachak Akiachak School Grades: K-12 | 198 students
Akiachak, AK 99551
(907)825-3616 7.2 K-12 198
- Kwethluk Ket'acik/aapalluk Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 278 students
107 Village Road
Kwethluk, AK 99621
(907)757-6014 10.0 PK-12 278
- Tuluksak Tuluksak School Grades: K-12 | 139 students
Tuluksak # 115
Tuluksak, AK 99679
(907)695-5625 15.6 K-12 139
- Bethel Ayaprun Elitnaurvik Grades: PK-6 | 163 students
1010 Fourth Avenue
Bethel, AK 99559
(907)543-1645 19.9 PK-6 163
- Bethel Bethel Youth Facility Grades: 5-12 | 11 students
Lower Kuskokwim School Dist
Bethel, AK 99559
(907)543-5200 20.0 5-12 11
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.