Daleville City School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public elementary school in Daleville City School District, serving 509 students.
- Public elementary school in Daleville City School District have an average math proficiency score of 22% (versus the Alabama public elementary school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 32% (versus the 46% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Alabama.
- Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Alabama public elementary school average of 46% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Alabama public elementary school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Daleville City School District|
|School District Website||http://www.daleville.k12.al.us|
|School District Phone Number||(334) 598-2456|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AL)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,059 Schools|
|# of Students||509 Students||512,272 Students|
|# of Teachers||30 Teachers||28,792 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
- Daleville City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 137 school districts in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 Students||5,180 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||6,995 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||73 Students||42,748 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||147 Students||166,496 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||242 Students||278,025 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 Students||588 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||34 Students||12,240 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||14,778|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||72||53,412|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||72||56,387|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||62||55,562|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||75||57,484|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||79||58,492|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||83||57,870|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||66||55,707|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||40,437|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||39,464|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||5,915|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||5,665|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,437|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||5,662|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,695 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,446. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,611 is higher than the state average of $10,415. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AL)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$30 MM|
|Spending||$15 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,695||$10,446|
|Spending / Student||$12,611||$10,415|
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.