Aleutian Region School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Aleutian Region School District serving 35 students in Adak, Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Aleutian Region School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||35|
|# of Teachers||4|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9|
|# of Male Students||16|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||19|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||14|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||9|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||3|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||3|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||3|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Aleutian Region School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 54 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $58,259 is higher than the state average of $25,156. The school district revenue/student has grown by 29% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $51,148 is higher than the state average of $25,337. The school district spending/student has grown by 29% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$58,259||$25,156|
|Spending / Student||$51,148||$25,337|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.