Adak School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Adak School's student population of 15 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Adak School is ranked within the top 20% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#58 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Aleutian Region School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Adak School is Yakov E. Netsvetov School (106.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atka Yakov E. Netsvetov School Grades: K-12 | 12 students
206 Atxax Way
Atka, AK 99547
(907)839-2210 106.1 K-12 12
Overall, it's a great school, but the lack of teachers cause 6 grades to be taught at once in each class (there is only one). I love to attend because it's my only opportunity for education in a town so small and remote.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Earle Pinciotti
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.