Craig City School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Craig City School District serving 330 students in Craig, Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska state average of 53%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Craig City School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||330 students|
|# of Teachers||13 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
|# of Male Students||147 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||183 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||44 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||10 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||233 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||33 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||11|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||35|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Craig City School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 54 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-69% has increased from 40-49% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,289 in this school district is less than the state average of $25,218. The school district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,384 is less than the state average of $25,399. The school district spending/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,289||$25,218|
|Spending / Student||$15,384||$25,399|
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.