Alhambra Primary School
Alhambra Primary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Alhambra Primary School's student population of 159 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alhambra Primary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#463 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Highland CUSD 5 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Highland Grantfork Upper Elementary School Grades: 4-5 | 58 students
206 N Mulberry St
Highland, IL 62249
(618)675-2200 5.5 4-5 58
- Hamel Hamel Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 108 students
Po Box 157
Hamel, IL 62046
(618)692-7444 6.2 K-2 108
- Worden Worden Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 248 students
110 N Main St
Worden, IL 62097
(618)692-7442 6.4 3-5 248
- Marine Marine Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 130 students
725 W Division St
Marine, IL 62061
(618)667-5404 7.5 K-5 130
- Staunton Staunton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 645 students
801 N Deneen St
Staunton, IL 62088
(618)635-3831 9.7 PK-5 645
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.