Allakaket School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Allakaket School's student population of 28 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Allakaket School is ranked within the top 30% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||#107 out of 466 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Yukon-Koyukuk School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Allakaket School is Johnny Oldman School (57.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hughes Johnny Oldman School Grades: PK-12 | 17 students
Moose Loop 4
Hughes, AK 99745
(907)889-2204 57.2 PK-12 17
- Tanana Maudrey J. Sommer School Grades: K-12 | 47 students
89 Front St
Tanana, AK 99777
(907)366-7203 97.5 K-12 47
- Rampart Rampart School Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
13 Wiehl Way
Rampart, AK 99767
(907)358-3320 100.8 PK-12 12
- Anaktuvuk Pass Nunamiut School Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
114 Illinois St
Anaktuvuk Pass, AK 99721
(907)661-3226 111.5 PK-12 104
- Kobuk Kobuk School Grades: PK-12 | 41 students
101 Mushers Way
Kobuk, AK 99751
(907)948-2231 118.0 PK-12 41
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.