- Nunamiut School's student population of 104 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nunamiut School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#407 out of 466 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Slope Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Nunamiut School is Allakaket School (111.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Allakaket Allakaket School Grades: PK-12 | 28 students
3rd Street Complex
Allakaket, AK 99720
(907) 968-2205 111.5 PK-12 28
- Nuiqsut Nuiqsut Trapper School Grades: PK-12 | 168 students
3310 3rd Ave
Nuiqsut, AK 99789
(907) 480-6712 145.1 PK-12 168
- Arctic Village Arctic Village School Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
305 Mountain St
Arctic Village, AK 99722
(907) 587-5211 159.5 PK-12 33
- Hughes Johnny Oldman School Grades: PK-12 | 17 students
Moose Loop 4
Hughes, AK 99745
(907) 889-2204 159.6 PK-12 17
- Kobuk Kobuk School Grades: PK-12 | 41 students
101 Mushers Way
Kobuk, AK 99751
(907) 948-2231 160.2 PK-12 41
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?
Did you know it can take years to fire a public school teacher, even if the instructor is ineffective, has broken laws, or has acted inappropriately sexually towards students? Learn more about the teacher firing process and how it relates to the current debate raging on teacher tenure.