Arctic Village School
Arctic Village School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Arctic Village School's student population of 33 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Arctic Village School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||#352 out of 466 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Yukon Flats School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Arctic Village School is John Fredson School (80.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Venetie John Fredson School Grades: PK-12 | 60 students
360 Chandalar Dr
Venetie, AK 99781
(907)849-8415 80.2 PK-12 60
- Fort Yukon Fort Yukon School Grades: PK-12 | 107 students
255 Main St
Fort Yukon, AK 99740
(907)662-2352 108.0 PK-12 107
- Fort Yukon Yukon Flats Distance Education Program Grades: K-12
123 Hill St
Fort Yukon, AK 99740
(907)662-2515 108.2 K-12 n/a
- Chalkyitsik Tsuk Taih School Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
#1 Marten Hill Dr
Chalkyitsik, AK 99788
(907)848-8113 112.6 PK-12 12
- Beaver Cruikshank School Grades: PK-12 | 13 students
310 River Rd
Beaver, AK 99724
(907)628-6313 131.8 PK-12 13
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.