John Fredson School
John Fredson School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- John Fredson School's student population of 60 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John Fredson School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#352 out of 466 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Graduation Rate (15-16)|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Yukon Flats School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to John Fredson School is Yukon Flats Distance Education Program (44.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Yukon Yukon Flats Distance Education Program Grades: K-12
123 Hill St
Fort Yukon, AK 99740
(907) 662-2515 44.3 K-12 n/a
- Beaver Cruikshank School Grades: PK-12 | 13 students
310 River Rd
Beaver, AK 99724
(907) 628-6313 52.7 PK-12 13
- Chalkyitsik Tsuk Taih School Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
#1 Marten Hill Dr
Chalkyitsik, AK 99788
(907) 848-8113 77.3 PK-12 12
- Arctic Village Arctic Village School Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
305 Mountain St
Arctic Village, AK 99722
(907) 587-5211 80.2 PK-12 33
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.