Cruikshank School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Cruikshank School's student population of 13 students has grown by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Yukon Flats School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Cruikshank School is John Fredson School (52.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Venetie John Fredson School Grades: PK-12 | 60 students
360 Chandalar Dr
Venetie, AK 99781
(907) 849-8415 52.7 PK-12 60
- Fort Yukon Yukon Flats Distance Education Program Grades: K-12
123 Hill St
Fort Yukon, AK 99740
(907) 662-2515 60.8 K-12 n/a
- Rampart Rampart School Grades: PK-12 | 12 students
13 Wiehl Way
Rampart, AK 99767
(907) 358-3320 97.6 PK-12 12
- Circle Circle School Grades: PK-12 | 16 students
330 Yukon Dr
Circle, AK 99733
(907) 773-1250 100.1 PK-12 16
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.