Alta Vista Elementary School
Alta Vista Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Alta Vista Elementary School's student population of 518 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alta Vista Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7321 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Waco Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waco Kendrick Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 542 students
1801 Kendrick Ln
Waco, TX 76711
(254)752-3316 0.8 PK-5 542
- Waco South Waco Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 523 students
2104 Gurley Ln
Waco, TX 76706
(254)753-6802 1.2 PK-5 523
- Waco Bell's Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 775 students
Waco, TX 76706
(254)754-4171 1.8 PK-5 775
- Eddy Axtell/be Daep Grades: K-12
1 Eagle Dr
Eddy, TX 76524
(254)859-5525 2.1 K-12 n/a
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.