- Altoona School's student population of 261 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||261 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Altoona School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1307 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lake School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Umatilla Umatilla Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 632 students
401 Lake St
Umatilla, FL 32784
(352)669-3181 2.7 PK-5 632
- Umatilla Umatilla High School Grades: 9-12 | 829 students
320 N Trowell Ave
Umatilla, FL 32784
(352)669-3131 3.0 9-12 829
- Paisley Spring Creek Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 606 students
44440 Spring Creek Rd
Paisley, FL 32767
(352)669-3275 6.6 PK-8 606
- Eustis Alee Academy Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 319 students
1705 E County Road 44
Eustis, FL 32736
(352)357-9426 6.7 9-12 319
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.