Amargosa Valley Elementary School
Amargosa Valley Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School's student population of 97 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall School Rank||#456 out of 620 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||20:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Nye County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shoshone Death Valley Elementary School Grades: K-6
Old Ghost Rd.
Shoshone, CA 92384
(760)786-2318 22.6 K-6 n/a
- Beatty Beatty High School Grades: 9-12 | 125 students
1 Hornet Circle
Beatty, NV 89003
(775)553-2595 28.2 9-12 125
- Beatty Beatty Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 56 students
110 4th Street
Beatty, NV 89003
(775)553-2902 28.6 PK-5 56
- Pahrump Rosemary Clarke Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 929 students
4201 N. Blagg
Pahrump, NV 89060
(775)727-5546 31.8 6-8 929
- Pahrump Pathways High (alternative) Grades: 9-12 | 123 students
484 S. West Street
Pahrump, NV 89048
(775)751-6822 35.7 9-12 123
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.