Amite County High School
Amite County High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Amite County High School's student population of 445 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||445 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Amite County High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#728 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (10-11)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Amite County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Liberty Amite County Vocational Complex
1501 Irene St, P.o. Box 770
Liberty, MS 39645
(601) 657-8081 0.2 n/a n/a
- Centreville William Winans Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 263 students
166 East Cherokee
Centreville, MS 39631
(601) 645-0008 16.3 6-8 263
- Centreville Finch Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 271 students
1125 South Crosby Street
Centreville, MS 39631
(601) 645-5081 17.4 K-5 271
- Magnolia South Pike Career & Technical Cente
252 West Bay Street
Magnolia, MS 39652
(601) 783-0438 19.8 n/a n/a
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?