Amite County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools in Amite County School District, serving 1,024 students.
- Public school in Amite County School District have an average math proficiency score of 17% (versus the Mississippi public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 17% (versus the 35% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Mississippi.
- Minority enrollment is 83% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Mississippi public school average of 56% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Mississippi public school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Amite County School District|
|School District Website||http://www.amite.k12.ms.us|
|School District Phone Number||(601)657-4361|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,068 Schools|
|# of Students||1,024 Students||480,718 Students|
|# of Teachers||86 Teachers||31,216 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
- Amite County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 150 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-79% has increased from 55-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||3,552 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||5,156 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||17,921 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||830 Students||232,162 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||171 Students||211,371 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||306 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||14 Students||10,250 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||5,730|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||65||36,264|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||91||36,605|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||67||36,620|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||89||38,169|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||84||39,092|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||101||39,023|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||82||35,974|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||88||36,060|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||93||35,800|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||68||35,864|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||72||34,503|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||55||32,346|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||61||31,047|
|# of Ungraded Students:||8||7,621|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,100 is higher than the state average of $10,995. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,517 is higher than the state average of $10,910. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MS)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$21 MM|
|Spending||$15 MM||$21 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,100||$10,995|
|Spending / Student||$13,517||$10,910|
Amite County School District Public Schools (2020)
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.