Animo Locke Ace Academy (Closed 2012)
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-10|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2011-2012 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (10-11)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (10-11)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Alain Leroy Locke College Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 1586 students
325 E. 111th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(323)420-2100 0.1 9-12 1586
- Los Angeles Alliance Jack H. Skirball Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 444 students
603 E. 115th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323)905-1377 0.4 6-8 444
- Los Angeles One Hundred Ninth Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 481 students
10915 S. Mckinley Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90059
(323)756-9206 0.4 K-5 481
- Los Angeles One Hundred Seventh Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 907 students
147 E. 107th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90003
(323)756-8137 0.4 K-5 907
- Los Angeles One Hundred Sixteenth Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 522 students
11610 Stanford Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90059
(323)754-3121 0.6 K-5 522
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.